JavaOne is only a little more than two weeks away. Even though JavaOne is, for the first time this year, co-located with Oracle Develop, JavaOne is still very much an event in its own right.
In fact, this year JavaOne will have more content than ever before (a total of 400 technical sessions, panel discussions, BOFs, Hands-on-Labs, and other developer sessions). Check out the full schedule.
At the top of the list is certainly the Monday keynote
Java Strategy and Directions (Monday, 5:45 pm to 7:15 pm)
Thomas Kurian, Oracle’s executive vice president, Product Development, “shares Oracle’s vision for strengthened investment and innovation in Java and describe how Java will continue to grow as the most powerful, scalable, secure, and open platform for the global developer community”.
Another must-attend is the Tuesday keynote
JavaOne Technical General Session (Tuesday, 2:30 pm to 4:00 pm)
with Greg Bollella, Roberto Chinnici, and Mark Reinhold.
See the full list and details on all keynotes and general technical sessions.
I will be doing at least two sessions this year (may end up participating in a third):
- S314178: Beyond Smartphones: Rich Applications and Services for the Mobile Masses (Monday, 11:30 am, Hilton Yosemite B)
- S314184: Java Mobile & Embedded Community: Meetup and What’s New (Tuesday, 6:00 pm, Hilton Yosemite C)
Other noteworthy stuff:
- There will be a new area, called The Zone, which is a huge tent taking up an entire city block on Mason Street. It is THE meeting and networking place for the developer community, user groups, Oracle ACEs, and the java.net team. Check out the live video podcasts, comfy couches, coffee and beer!
- This years event also features an Unconference. Details and schedule information here.
- As usual, there will also be a exhibitor pavilion.
- And don’t forget the parties! Details to be announced …
Follow @JavaOneConf for the latest updates.
See you in two weeks! Cheers,