Lots of news-worthy stuff happening this week. A quick round-up:
- Interview with Thomas Kurian, EVP of Product Development at Oracle (including the Java platform): “For Oracle, Every Revolution is an Evolution”.
- The JRockit JVM license has been updated – JRockit is now free (gratis) for development and internal production use on general purpose computers. See the full text for all details.
- Oracle introduces new Java Specification Requests to evolve Java Community Process (JCP.next JSR 1) towards more transparency and open participation.
- Nokia’s updates to the Qt strategy are causing a lot of confusion among developers.
- An interesting piece on Google’s latest cloud strategy push – just as on of its key cloud services goes down for 48 hours.
- Facebook is committing one PR blunder after another. First, multiple issues with obscure privacy settings, opaque terms-of-use, and questionable services – and now this.
- Finally, if you’re interested in the SmartCard/Java Card space, check out the SIMAGINE awards – a total of of €55000 is up for grabs for the coolest SmardCard applications.