You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Java Spotlight Podcast’ tag.
Check out the latest Java Spotlight Podcast number 138:
An interview with Paul Perrone, found/CEO of Perrone Robotics, on the MAX robotics and automation platform and Life Saving Embedded Java.
Quick News: JavaOne LAD videos and podcasts, Java SE 7u2 and JavaFX 2.0.2, eFX project, popular tech articles of 2011
12/16/2011 in Mobile & Embedded | Tags: ARM, Embedded Java, embedded Linux, Java SE 7, Java SE for Embedded, Java Spotlight Podcast, JavaFX, JavaOne Latin America, JDK 7, Linux, NetBeans, NetBeans IDE, NetBeans RCP, OpenJDK, Oracle Technology Network, OTN | Leave a comment
Just back from Brazil and no time to catch my breath … so much happening:
- JavaOne Latin America was a blast – so much enthusiasm in the developer community! Check out some of the videos and podcasts, including the JavaOne Community Keynote, OTN interviews with a variety of Java luminaries, as well as the Java Spotlight Podcast #60: JavaOne Latin America: Videos and Podcasts
- Java 7u2 has been released, featuring an updated VM, support for Oracle Solaris 11, support for Firefox 5 and later, and security fixes. Also, JavaFX 2.0.2 is now included with Java SE to make developing and running JavaFX applications even easier: Java SE 7u2 Release Notes, JavaFX 2.0.2 Release Notes
- Aligning with mainline JDK development, Java SE Embedded 7u2 has been released as well. This release includes new ports to Linux on PPC and performance improvements on ARM systems by 20-40%. Also, Oracle intends to port JavaFX to Linux on ARM in order to support a broad range of platforms from mid-range embedded all the way to desktops: Henrik’s blog on the Java SE Embedded 7u2 release.
- Lots of activity around JavaFX as well – interest is really taking off. Point in case: A new project, eFX, has been started on java.net aiming to create a generic application framework for JavaFX 2.0 based on the NetBeans platform: Geertjan’s blog on eFX
- Finally, OTN put together a list of their “Most Popular Tech Articles of 2011″. Java topics, from Java SE 7 and 8 features, Java EE 6, JSF, and JavaFX dominate the list. Have a look: Our Most Popular Tech Articles of 2011
Actually, that’s old news – we hit that milestone several weeks ago ;-)
The Java Spotlight Podcast has taken off in an astonishing way in less than a year since it was launched – thanks in large part to my tireless partner in crime, Roger Brinkley, who doesn’t waste any chance to snag an interview anytime, anywhere. Beware if you ever happen to find yourself in reach of his microphone ;-)
One of my recent personal favorites is episode 51 “Live at JavaOne – Java Platform Timelines and Duke’s Choice Award Winners”. A live audience, a fun mood, and some very cool technologies. Check it out.
While you’re there, browse the list of wide-ranging topics of some of our other episodes, from Java EE, to JavaFX, Java performance, Java ME, cool stuff, and much more.