For the next 10 days Java will be all over Brazil … and I don’t mean the black, hot kind ;-)
JavaOne Latin America
First, JavaOne Latin America is in Sao Paulo from the 6th to the 8th. Choose from dozens of technical sessions, keynotes, and hands-on labs, explore the booths and DEMOGrounds in the Exhibition Area, and take advantage of the opportunities to speak first-hand with the experts and mingle with your fellow developers.
JavaOne Latin America is organized in four tracks
- Client Side Technologies and Rich User Experiences
- Core Java Platform
- Java EE, Web Profile, Platform Technologies, Web Services, and the Cloud
- Java ME, Mobile, Embedded, and Devices
JavaOne Latin America is also supported by a number of Java User Groups, so I’m particularly looking forward to the Community Keynote with our well-known Java community members Bruno Souza, Fabiane Nardon, and Vinicus Senger. Should be fun!
Also, there is a Portuguese version of the JavaOne website.
More Java Events
Next, there are a number of additional Java-related events planned, from the SOUJava Geek Bike Ride to a string of JUG events where I and several of my Java Evangelism colleagues will be speaking across Brazil on topics such as Java 7, The Future of Java, Java EE, JavaFX 2.0, and more:
- Dec 4, SOUJava Geek Bike Ride 2011, Sao Paulo
- Dec 9, UAIJUG, Uberlandia (event information)
- Dec 9, CEJUG, Fortaleza/CE
- Dec 10, ALJUG, Maceio/AL (event information to be posted here)
- Dec 11, Javaneiros, Campo Grande/MS
- Dec 12, GOJAVA, Goiania/GO
- Dec 12, GUJAVA, Florianopolis (event information)
- Dec 13, RioJUG, Rio de Janeiro (event information to be posted here)
Be sure to check with your local JUG for specific event information.
Hope to see you in person over the next few days at one of the events!