Embedded Java is getting a lot of attention in the analyst community these days. Check out these new analyst reports and a webcast by IDC as well as Beecham Research.
Highlights of the White Paper:
- The embedded systems industry is projected to continue to expand rapidly, reaching $2.1 trillion in 2015
- The market for intelligent systems, where Java’s rich set of services are most needed, is projected to grow to 78% of all embedded systems in 2015
- Java is widely used in embedded systems and is expected to continue to gain traction in areas where devices present an application platform for developers
The free IDC webcast and White Paper can be accessed here.
Highlights of the report:
- The total revenue for M2M Services is projected to double, from almost $15 billion in 2012 to over $30 billion in 2016
- The primary driver for M2M solutions is now enabling new services
- Important trends that are developing are: Enterprise integration – more data and using the data more strategically, new markets in the Internet of Things (IoT), processing large amounts of data in real time (complex event processing)
- Using the same software development environment for all parts of an M2M solution is a major advantage if the software can be optimized for each part of the solution
The free Beecham Research report can be accessed here.