One of the great things about the Electric Imp platform is the ecosystem of drop-in libraries that allow developers to easily create highly functional and robust applications both on the device and in the cloud.
- Need to integrate with Microsoft Azure? Drop in our Azure IoT Hub library.
- Need a JSON parser? Leverage our optimized JSON encoder/decoder
- Need to support a particular device like the CFAx33 LCD/keypad? Use our existing device driver.
These libraries are very popular and we keep making updates and additions based on developer, customer, and partner demand.
Summary of the recent Updates:
- Autodesk Fusion Connect (previously Autodesk SeeControl): This is a new library released a short while ago that provides integration into the Autodesk Fusion Connect IoT platform.
- Skyhook Precision Location: Another recently released library that allows you to easily and precisely determine your device location based on WiFi, cellular, and other sources.
- Microsoft Azure IoT Hub Client: Integration of the Electric Imp platform with Azure IoT Hub and the wider Microsoft IoT platform, the latest release adds performance improvements.
- AWS Request V4 and AWS Kinesis Firehose: Updated library supporting the latest API versions and compatibility with Dynamo DB.
- JSON Encoder/Decoder: New library for a small and optimized JSON encoder and decoder.
- Electric Imp Factory Tools: Provides support for Electric Imp’s connected manufacturing process, now adding imp Factory Agents.
- Electric Imp Bullwinkle and Rocky: Provides a robust communication framework and RESTful API manager, now updated with several optimizations and fixes.
- Electric Imp Pretty Printer: New library that makes prettified output for application data easy.
- CFAx33 LCD/keypad: New device driver supporting the CrystalFonts CFAx33 LCD/keypad hardware.
Furthermore, we are working on upcoming libraries for IBM Watson IoT integration, Modbus-RTU support, a USB driver framework, printer drivers, and more.
For a full list of libraries, see here. So, get cranking on that code and stay tuned for more! 😉