Quick wrap-up of the latest news:
Pitney Bowes just announced that they are now rolling out their new SmartLink device to hundreds of thousands of Pitney Bowes postage meters.
SmartLink IoT technology securely connects the meters in the field to the Pitney Bowes Commerce Cloud and the Clarity SaaS solutions suite (hosted on GE Predix), resulting in reduced costs and operational efficiencies, enabling new services for Pitney Bowes’ clients, and driving higher customer satisfaction.
The Electric Imp platform is at the heart of this transformation as the industrial-strength, flexible, and cost-effective real-time connectivity platform for the delivery of Pitney Bowes’ revolutionary digital solutions.
Much more detail can be found at:
- A short video with Rick Ryan, Head of Strategic Technology and Innovation Center at Pitney Bowes
- Electric Imp announcement “Pitney Bowes announces SmartLink powered by Electric Imp”
- Pitney Bowes announcement “Pitney Bowes Introduces SmartLink to Deliver Greater Value and Services via the Cloud”
- IOT Journal article “Pitney Bowes’ SmartLink Connects Metering Machines to the Cloud”
- IOT Evolution article “Pitney Bowes Introduces SmartLink, adds Cloud”
Congratulations to Pitney Bowes on a great product and successful launch!