You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘video’ tag.
Update 2/20/2013: The direct link to my Devoxx tech session is now available here (no subscription required).
In case you hadn’t seen them yet, Devoxx recently posted two new videos with me on parleys.com:
- Tech Session: “Small, Smart, Connected: Java in the Internet of Things” (55 mins)
- OTN Interview on embedded Java (5 mins)
OTN just published a set of six videos related to embedded Java:
- Java at ARM TechCon
- Java SE Embedded Development Made Easy, Part 1
- Java SE Embedded Development Made Easy, Part 2
- Mobile Database Synchronization – Healthcare Demonstration
- Tomcat Micro Cluster
- Java Embedded Partnerships
Good stuff. Enjoy!
Check out the video on “Java in the Internet of Things” and a live demo of the Smart Solar Tracking System with Java ME Embedded 3.2. Real hardware and demo flakiness included See here.
While you are at, have a look at some of the other NightHacking sessions and a number of other videos on the YouTube Java Channel.
I’ve been collecting links to some interesting blog posts and videos related to embedded Java over the last couple of weeks. Passing these on here:
- Freescale blog – The Embedded Beat: “Let’s make it real – Internet of Things”
- Simon Ritter’s blog: “Mind Reading with Raspberry Pi”
- NightHacking with Steve Chin and Terrence Barr: “Java in the Internet of Things”
- NightHacking with Steve Chin and Alderan Robotics: “The NAO Robot”
- Java Magazine: “Getting Started with Java SE for embedded devices on Raspberry Pi”
- OTN video interview: “Java at ARM TechCon”
- OPN Techtalk with MX Entertainment: “Using Java and MX’s GrinXML Framework to build Blu-ray Disc and media applications”
- Oracle PartnerNetwork Blog: “M2M Architecture: Machine to Machine – The Internet of Things – It’s all about the Data”
- YouTube Java Channel: “Understanding the JVM and Low Latency Applications”
If you haven’t checked out the Java YouTube channel lately … here is some of the stuff you’re missing:
- Understanding the JVM and Low Latency Applications (picture)
- JavaFX on the Raspberry Pi
- 55 New Java 7 Features: Part 3 – Concurrency
- Properties and Binding with JavaFX 2 Intro
- And something fun & cool: Java @ Maker Faire 2012
At this point, a total of 48 sessions are now publicly available on Parleys.com, and have been viewed around 75,000 times already.
You can find all the content in the Java > JavaOne 2011 space on Parleys.com.