Announcing Oracle Java ME Embedded 8.1 Developer Preview for STM32429I-EVAL
With the release of Java ME Embedded 8.1 in Nov 2014 we introduced support for ARM Cortex-M based using Freescale FRDM-K64F.
Today, we are extending the Cortex-M support to the STMicroelectronics STM32429I-EVAL developer evaluation board. The STM32F429I-EVAL represents the very popular STM32F4xx MCU family which is being used in a wide range of embedded applications and markets today and is a perfect target for Java ME 8.
What is in the release?
This Developer Preview release brings the power and flexibility of Oracle Java ME Embedded 8.1 to STM32F4xx micro-controllers:
- Out-of-the-box support for a rich set of Java ME Embedded 8.1 functionality and APIs
- Key functionality and protocol support for networking, serial, storage, file, and peripheral I/O
- Access to the on-board screen
- Software development via Oracle Java ME SDK 8.1, including NetBeans and Eclipse integration
- Complete and ready-to-run binary to get started easily
Note that this release is a Developer Preview for development and evaluation purposes, which means that it has undergone extensive testing but is expected to still have limitations and shortcomings compared to a full product-quality General Availability release.
- Check out the STM32429I-EVAL Release Notes and Getting Started Guide
- Order a STM32429I-EVAL board from your favorite distributor
- Download the ready-to-run binary free from OTN
- Note: Please be sure to update your Java ME SDK 8.1 installation with the support for STM32429I-EVAL as described in the documentation